|2018 "Remember The U.S.S. Liberty" 2018
A "Prince of Peace" U.S. Veteran
A Reform, Populist, Progressive, Pro-Choice Democrat!
A Christian, Anti-Zionist, USAF-NATO, Anti-War Veteran!
"Putting America, Not Zionist Israel First"
Putting America First!
Saving Social Security and Medicare. Putting American
Families, Jobs, Veterans, Seniors and Students First:
Not "The War Party," War Profit$, Oil Profit$, The Israel Lobby,
A nuclear armed, Zionist Israel or Wall $treet.
PERSONAL FAMILY HISTORY
• Native Hoosier
• Born in Evansville, Indiana, one of nine children in a working class
• Rush County resident since 1993
• Married to Janice for 59+ wonderful years. Janice was and is the
love of my life. (She is deceased)
• Two sons. Janice & I are the proud grandparents of six beautiful
grandchildren. One beautiful great grandchild.
• Active in school activities when children were in school.
• Active in Indian Guides and Boy Scouts.
• Coached Little League Baseball. Also had a basketball clinic and
coached my son's team in basketball.
• Active in Church Activities: Was a Deacon and Chairman of
Finance Committee @ Carrollton Ave. U.C.C., Indianapolis. Was
the Vice President and President of the Consistory @ St. Peter's U.C.C.,
Was a Deacon @ Main Street Christian Church, (Disciples Of Christ)
• Attended Evansville College; Fall of 1955 through Spring Semester
Attended Indiana University School of Medicine,
Sept. 1958 - February, 1959.
Graduate; Butler University, 1961; B. S. Chemistry /Zoology.
• Enlisted @ age 17 in U.S.A.F., July 31, 1951. Served four years
active duty and four years of inactive reserve.
Served in NATO three years; January, 1952-December 1954. Stationed
@ Burtonwood AFB, Warrenton, England and Chateaureaux AFB,
Chateaureaux, France. Honorably discharged in 1959.
• Was awarded a "Certificate of Appreciation" from the State of
Indiana in recognition of my services. I returned this certificate to
Governor Daniels’ office as my protest against the contrived Iraq and
Afghanistan Invasions and Occupations, which were based on lies,
deceit and greed.
• Now Retired. Was in pharmaceutical sales for nearly 34 years,
(1961-1995) for American Home Products, which was known as
Wyeth Laboratories, now owned by Pfizer Laboratories
• Former member of Veterans For Peace
• Member of Vietnam Veterans Against War
I was the caregiver of my beautiful wife, Janice, while she had
Alzheimer's! Janice was and still is the love of my life!
True love never dies!
My visit to the "Wall," the Vietnam Memorial in Arlington National
• Was a member of Veterans For Peace for several years. I was one
of two veterans who were instrumental in forming VFP Chapter 49
of Central Indiana.
• As a member of VFP, I traveled to Central America twice, at
my own expense, in order to obtain information about the U.S.
Supported "Contra" terrorist war against the peoples of Nicaragua.
On my first trip in 1987, our VFP group went into Honduras, Guatemala
In 1990, our VFP group were observers at The National Election in
• Was The Democratic Nominee and Candidate for Congress, 1988,
Sixth District of Indiana
• Was The Libertarian Candidate for Congress, 2008, Sixth District
In France, I was the NCOIC of the surgery unit at Chateuroux Air Force
In Louisiana, I was the NCOIC of the treatment and emergency rooms
at Alexandria Air Force Base.
I may be the only Congressional Candidate in Indiana to have spent
three years in Europe as part of NATO.
On at least two occasions, I had the privilege of sitting, listening and
talking with “Afghanstis,” young Russian combat veterans who had
served in Afghanistan.
I have listened at least twice to nuclear war victims of Hiroshima and